Sunday, December 02, 2007

Here's What You Missed!

"Each episode leads in with pop culture news, touching recently on topics such as Marie Osmond's fainting on 'Dancing With the Stars,' the outing of the character Dumbledore in 'Harry Potter' and the wildfires in California. What's best about the show is when its commentators, largely made up of New York comedians, sink their teeth into the material. Mocking the media's obsession that celebrity homes were not immune to the fires, frequent contributor Paul F. Tompkins asked, 'You're telling me celebrities don't have control of the elements? I thought that when there was a mudslide, Cher would hold out her hand and go, "Hold, foul earth. I command thee!"'"

In the Los Angeles Times Claire Zulkey praises VH1's Best Week Ever.

1 comment:

KcM said...

One of my good friends from college, Mike Colton, is a regular on the show. (Or at least he used to be...to be honest, I haven't caught it in awhile.)