Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"[F]or really I thinke that the poorest hee that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest hee; and therefore truly, Sir, I thinke itt's cleare, that every man that is to live under a Governement ought first by his owne consent to putt himself under that Governement; and I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put Himself under." --Thomas Rainsborough, 1647
1 comment:
Ali should make the list. Huey Long should be higher. I didn't see D.W. Griffith, but I was skimming. Ellington instead of Armstrong, maybe. And Nixon should be higher than LBJ. List is good, for the most part, but tilted toward "popular" choices of people who we like. Equally, if not more interesting would be list of top 100 americans that most americans don't know.
Post a Comment