Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I (Don't) Care about You

"A few years ago, the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles asked him to speak about his experience leaving the skinhead movement. Before the talk, he found himself chatting with his fellow presenter, Matthew Boger, the manager of operations.
"'I asked Tim how he got out of the skinhead movement and what that was like,' Boger recalls.
"The pair reminisced about West Hollywood back in the '80s.
"'And there was this moment in which I said that I lived on the streets,' Boger says, 'in which I said I hung out on this hamburger stand, and [Zaal] said, "You know, we used to hang out there, but we stopped hanging out there after this one night that was so violent, I think I killed a kid."'
"In a flash they both knew without saying that Boger was that kid."

Dina Temple-Raston of NPR's Day to Day chronicles a suprising reunion.

No comments: